Aqara HUB M2 – Security & Smart Home Automation
Required for All Aqara Devices to Integrate, Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Infrared, ZigBee 3.0
Available: In stock (Cape Town)
- Featured Images
- Featured Image
- Tutorial Video
- User Manual
- Reviews (0)
- Additional information
- Brands (1)
The Aqara Hub M2 is our most advanced and future proof hub.
It can connect up to 128 child devices (compared to 32 from the original Aqara Hub), it now has a more powerful 2×2 MIMO WiFi antenna and now has ZigBee 3.0 (compared to ZigBee 2.0 from the original Aqara Hub).
It has a 360 degree infrared sensor to control any infrared appliances (that any appliance that has remote, ie. TV, air conditioning, fan, etc ).
It has a MicroUSB port enabling it to be USB powered, allowing users to connect it to a powerbank as a backup power source.
The Aqara Hub M2 also benefits from an Ethernet RJ45 port for more stability and lower response time.
An Aqara Hub is required to connect to all Aqara sensors and devices wirelessly to enable home automation, local alarm, remote control and monitoring capabilities for your home and more.
The Hub can also be used as a night light, alarm, or doorbell.
Smart Home Center | Security Voice | Control Enabled | App Control
– CONTROL CENTRE: It is a wireless control center. It connects all Aqara devices and allow for seamless integration across Aqara’s sensors and home automation devices.
– APPLE HOME KIT, AMAZON ALEXA & GOOGLE: Compatible with Apple Home Kit, Amazon Alexa and Google Home to work with other compatible devices for alarm system, home automation (Alexa routines), and voice command (eg. Siri).
– RANGE DISTANCE: Communications between Aqara Smart Plug, Hub and Aqara devices can reach up to 20 m (65 feet) under normal conditions.
– RANGE EXTENSION: The Aqara Smart Plug, Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1, Aqara Single Switch Module T1 and Aqara Camera Hub G2H can be used to extend the range of the sensors.
– AQARA APP: Download the Aqara App for easy device set-up and advanced automation and scene creation capabilities. App is available for both Android and iOS devices.
– INFRARED LED SENSOR: Allows control of IR enables appliances such as TVs, Air Conditioning, Fans (ie. any device that has a remote), opening up a whole new range of products that can be made smart.
– NOTE: Aqara Hub requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
HOW TO USE:
– Step 1: Open the Aqara Home app and scan the QR code that is in the manual or packaging.
– Step 2: Open the Aqara Home app, press “ + ” reset button on the Hub for more than 10 seconds until the LED indicator consecutively flashes yellow.
– Step 3: The Hub M2 will prompt a voice message telling you the accessory has been added successfully.
– Step 4: Create your new automations via the Aqara Home app, or Apple Home app.
ZIGBEE 3.0 CONTROL CENTER:
Thanks to the latest Zigbee 3.0 protocol, the M2 supports all existing and new Aqara devices.
ZigBee 3.0 technology further improves the stability, compatibility and responsiveness of the M2 hub and its child devices, which creates even better local automations for your smart home.
With ZigBee, Aqara accessories can still work smoothly even if your home network is unstable or disconnected (ie. during a powercut).
FUTURE PROOF HARDWARE:
Multi-protocol gateway for maximum compatibility and future-proofing.
Zigbee 3.0 is coupled with an IR transmitter, Bluetooth Low Energy and the latest Wi-Fi to support the maximum number of devices.
Forget about turning your none smart IR enabled appliances on and off manually.
It can be done automatically and remotely with the Aqara HubM2 and the Aqara Home app.
Via the Aqara Hub M2 built-in IR sensor, users can control:
• Air conditioning
• TV Boxes/Decoders
• and any other device that uses a remote and any Aqara sensor/device.
ETHERNET RJ-45 PORT:
Apart from Wi-Fi, ZigBee 3.0 and Bluetooth, the Aqara Hub M2 supports wired connection via Ethernet RJ-45 for extra stability and lower response time.
BACKUP POWER MICRO-USB PORT:
Can be powered from any USB 5V 1A power source such as a smartphone charger or USB wall outlet or a powerbank.
A 10000mAh powerbank can provide up to 30 hours of backup power.
2X2 MIMO WI-FI ANTENNA:
To ensure the best possible wireless connection of dozens of sensors and controllers, the Aqara Hub M2 is equipped with a more powerful 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi antenna.
Apple HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication.
Data related to your home is encrypted and stored in the keychain of your Apple device.
It’s also encrypted in transit between your Apple device and the accessories you’re controlling in your home.
VOICE CONTROL ENABLED:
You can control Aqara accessories with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or HomePod.
Just say “Siri, I’m home”, and the lights can automatically turn on for you.
Along with the below Aqara sensors and devices, create various scenes.
1) Motion Sensor:
Lights are on when the room is occupied, lights are off while nobody is home.
When motion is detected in the evening, the Hub light automatically turns on.
2) Door and Window Sensor:
Security reminder, guarding your home.
With the Door and Window Sensor, you can turn on alarm mode when you leave the house or when you are asleep.
If a door or window is opened, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
3) Wireless Remote Switch:
One button, all accessories under control.
With the Wireless Remote Switch, set your own night mode and turn off all the lights with a click of the button.
4) Temperature and Humidity and Sensor Smart Plug:
Humidity and temperature adjustment, creating your comfort zone.
Link the Smart Plug with a humidifier to improve indoor humidity.
5) Water Leak Sensor:
Water leak alarm, protecting your property.
With the Water Leak Sensor, when a leak is detected, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
6) Wireless Mini Switch:
Smart doorbell, personalized ringtone.
With a press of the Wireless Mini Switch, the Hub plays your preferred ringtone.
SMART CONTROL IN APPLE HOME APP:
Works with other Apple HomeKit-enabled accessories in Apple Home app to make your life easier.
Supports Aqara Home App and Apple Home App.
A COMPLETE SMART HOME SOLUTION:
We offer a comprehensive suite of smart home products that allow you to create endless combinations of use cases and customized scenes.
EASY SETUP AND MAINTENANCE:
Most Aqara devices require no wiring and screws
With the Aqara Home App and its easy-to-follow instructions, you can set up your smart home in no time.
Aqara devices are also made to consume very little energy, and other Aqara sensors can last over 2 years without changing batteries.
PEACE OF MIND:
Aqara can always provide you with the comfort of knowing what’s happening at home while you’re away.
With a wide range of sensors, Aqara can trigger the alarm sound, turn the lights on or send you an alert notification when unexpected entry, movement, temperature change, or water leak is detected.
REMOTE CONTROL AND AUTOMATION:
Aqara provides you with countless ways to control your smart home, whether it be through your phone, wireless switches, or voice commands via 3rd party voice assistants.
Your house will always be at your command no matter where you are.
Set different automations and scenes to control your electronic devices based on the time of day or your personal preference. You can customize different scenes with our suite of smart home products.
SMART HOME EVEN IF THE INTERNET IS DISCONNECTED:
When your home network is unstable, Wi-Fi is disconnected, as long as the Hub is powered, automations associated with the Aqara Hub and other sensors/devices will still work properly.
Through the Aqara Hub’s Zigbee connection, Aqara devices can still operate locally even when there is a weak WiFi signal.
COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VOICE ASSISTANTS:
Aqara Hub is designed as high-compatibility smart home control center.
Add Aqara devices into Apple HomeKit to work with other compatible devices for alarm systems, home automation, and voice commands
For example, you can set an “Away Mode” and activate the scene using your voice.
GOOGLE HOME SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
– Aqara Hub
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the hub’s light”
(or set any scene including the Smart hub’s light)
– Aqara Smart Plug
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the Plug”
– Aqara Wall Switch
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the Switch”
– Aqara LED Light Bulb
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the LED light.”
” Hey, Google. Dim/Brighten the LED light.”
” Hey, Google. Set LED light to 50%.”
AMAZON ALEXA SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
“Alexa, turn on/off the hub’s light”
(or set any scene including the Smart hub’s light)
Aqara Motion Sensor
“Alexa, set people-passing scene,” (or set any scene including the Motion Sensor)
Alexa can also perform actions when motion is detected.
Aqara Door and Window Sensor
“Alexa, is window/door open/close?”
“Alexa, is my bedroom window open?”
Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor
“Alexa, what’s the temperature/humidity?”
Aqara LED Light Bulb
“Alexa, turn on/off the light.”
“Alexa, dim/brighten the light.”
“Alexa, set light to soft white.”
SIRI SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
Ask Siri any of the above examples and more.
The Aqara Hub M2 is equipped with a small speaker allowing it to inform users of audible security alerts, doorbell ring tones, alarm clocks and more.
HIGH-END DESIGN + HIGH-END HARDWARE:
Top-class components are packed into a versatile and compact black housing that will complement any home
A high-transmittance material is used to ensure the best possible performance of the IR transmitter, Zigbee 3.0, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi antennas.
– Model: HM2-G01
– Colour: Black
– Main Material: ABS + PC
– Operating Temperature: Minus 10 Degree C to 40 Degree C
– Operating Humidity: 0% – 95% RH, non-condensing
– Input Charging Port: MicroUSB
– Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Zigbee 3.0 IEEE 802.15.4, BLE 5.0
– Built-in RAM / Flash: 64/128MB
– App: Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10.3 or later)
– Regulatory Certification: ICASA, NRCS (for South Africa) and CE and EAC
– HomeKit compatible accessories:
• Aqara Hub,
• Aqara Smart Plug,
• Aqara Wireless Mini Switch,
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker),
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch (Double Rocker),
• Aqara Door and Window Sensor,
• Aqara Motion Sensor,
• Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor,
• Aqara Vibration Sensor,
• Aqara Water Leak Sensor,
• Aqara LED Light Bulb (Tuneable White)
• Aqara TVOC Air Quality Monitor
• Aqara Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral)
• Aqara Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral)
• Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral) (Single & Double Rocker)
• Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (With Neutral) (Single & Double Rocker)
• Aqara Smart Roller Shade Controller
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch H1 (Single & Double Rocker)
• And more.
– One Aqara Hub M2 can connect up to 128 Aqara devices.
– Aqara Hub M2 requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
– Aqara Hub M2 is not a Wi-Fi router. A dedicated Wi-Fi router is required to connect it to other supported Wi-Fi devices
– The Aqara Smart Plug is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple HomeKit (Siri)
– To control this Apple HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 10.3 or later is recommended.
– Controlling Apple HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later or a Home Pod set up as a home hub.
– At time of writing No BLE child devices are available, however they will be coming soon.
– Only certain device types such as TV and AC are currently supported by
– Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa while Siri Shortcuts support a full list of devices.
– Due to certain limitations Hub M2 IR controller is not exposed to Apple’s Home app.
What’s in the Box:
1x Aqara Hub M2
1x USB Type-A to MicroUSB Cable
1x EU Wall Charger with USB Type-A Port
1x Instruction Manual
1.Ultra-low power consumption
2. Short delay.
3. Ad-hoc network, which is compatible with more sub-devices.
4. Strong reliability.
5. High security.
2. The hub only supports the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. If you use a dual-band router, please turn off the 5GHz Wi-Fi network before adding the hub;
3. If you need to use wired communication between the hub and the router, please use a network cable with an RJ45 network port to connect the LAN port of the hub to that of your router, and wait for the orange and green indicator lights on the side of the network port to light up.
2. The hub should not be too far away from the router as much as possible. In order to ensure the stability of Wi-Fi communication, it is best to maintain a straight distance of 2 to 6 meters.
2. Please check whether the router is a dual-band router (2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and 5 GHz Wi-Fi are supported at the same time). If yes, please go to the router settings page, set the Wi-Fi hotspot to 2.4 GHz and try again.
3. After long pressing the hub button for 10 seconds and waiting for the yellow indicator light to flash, open the Aqara Home APP, select Add Device in the upper right corner, select “Hub M2” in the hub list, the device can be added according to the prompt of the app. If you are using an iPhone, you can scan the QR code on the bottom of the device to bind it according to the prompt. If binding fails, please long press the button for 10s to restore the hub network, restart the Wi-Fi of the mobile phone, wait for a minute and try again.
2.Wi-Fi name or password may contain special characters. Please replace them with ordinary characters and try again;
3.The camera does not support the WAP/WAP2 Wi-Fi network;
4.The camera cannot recognize the QR code generated by the phone. Please make sure the screen of the phone is not less than 4 inches, and cannot scan the QR code under back-lighting.
4.Please check whether the router turns on the Wi-Fi connection watcher function, which causes the network connection failures;
5.Please check whether the router turns on the AP isolation function, which causes the phone cannot search the camera within LAN;
6.It is recommended not to connect it to a bridge network.
2. ”Accessory already added”. After restarting the iOS device and reset the camera, you can manually enter the HomeKit setup code and add it again;
3. ”Accessory not found”. Please wait for 3 minutes after resetting the camera. You can manually enter the HomeKit setup code and add it again.
Long press: long press the button for 10 seconds to reset the hub. This operation will not delete the device data, such as timing, power, sub-device list and so on.
Quickly click 10 times : restore to factory settings. Please clear all data.
2. Quickly click the hub button 10 times continuously. After the yellow light flashes, it indicates that the device has restored to the factory settings. This operation will not delete the device data, such as timing, power, sub-device list and so on.
2. Please use the mobile phone to connect to the Wi-Fi that the hub is currently connected with, and observe whether the mobile phone can connect to the Internet normally. If it is abnormal, it shows that the Wi-Fi cannot connect to the Internet, please try again after you make sure the Wi-Fi can be used normally; if it is normal, please go to step 3.
3. Please try to unplug the hub and plug it in again. If the blue indicator light flashes, please wait for the blue light to stay always on, and then check whether the hub is offline in the Aqara home app; if the blue light keeps flashing, please bind the hub again in the app ; If the yellow light flashes, please bind the hub again in the app.
4. If the hub goes online after frequently going offline, please place the hub 1-2 meters away from the router with no obstacles (especially metal obstacles) in the middle.
5. Due to performance problems, some routers may cause the device to go offline frequently when there are too many connected Wi-Fi devices. In this case, please try to reduce the number of Wi-Fi devices that have connected to the router, or replace it with a more powerful router.
6. If none of the above steps can solve the hub offline problem, please contact customer service.
2. If the hub is online but the sub-device is offline, please check whether the communication between the sub-device and the hub is normal. For more instructions, please refer to “Effective Distance Verification” in the sub-device manual. The voice prompt “connection is normal” indicates that the device and the hub can communicate effectively. If the communication is abnormal, please try to move the sub-device close to the hub or move the hub close to the sub-device and try again. After restarting the app, check whether the sub-device goes online.
3. Please check whether the power supply of the sub-device is normal, and press the button on the sub-device to check if the indicator light of the sub-device is on.
“Turn on the light”
“Turn on living room lights”
“Turn off lights in my Chicago house”
2. Set scenes. Set scenes in Apple Home or Aqara Home app and name them. Ask Siri to set the following scenes,
“Hey Siri. Set the party scene”
3. Check accessory status. Name the accessories in Apple Home or Aqara Home app, distribute them to a specific room and ask Siri,
“Is the living room open?”
“Living room temperature”
“What’s the living room humidity?”
Siri voice control of HomeKit-enabled accessories is available on iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, HomePod.
2. Open the “Home” app and check if the automation is set to disabled.
3. Please check whether the corresponding accessories for automation are offline. Please try again after restoring it online. If the Hub is offline, try restarting the Hub and try again.
4. Open the “Home” app “Home” page on your iOS device, tap the” navigation” icon in the top right corner, click “Home Settings”, select your home in the “Home” list, and then under “home hub”, see if the home hub shows “Connected.”
5. If you use the iPad as a home hub, try reactivating the iPad’s WiFi switch and try again.
2. Using the iPad as a home hub in battery mode, if the iPad’s screen is dim, the communication heartbeat interval with the router becomes longer. Therefore, if you do not use the iPad, please keep the iPad in a charging state to ensure when the iPad’s screen is dim, it can maintain constant communication with the router.
3. Ensure that the communication between the accessory device and the Hub is reliable. If the communication between the accessory device and the gateway is unstable, the execution will be significantly delayed.
Solution: In the phone go to the “Settings” – “Your Apple ID Account” – iCloud – iCloud Backup – Click “Manual Backup” and it will be ready after the synchronization is completed.
Solution: In the phone go to the settings – “Own Apple ID Account” – iCloud – iCloud Backup – Click “Manual Backup” and it will be ready after the synchronization is completed.
1. Open the Apple “Home” app.
2. Tap and hold an accessory, then tap Details.
3. Tap Status & Notifications.
4. Turn on “Allow Notifications” and choose one of the following options:
1) Time: Set the time when you want the accessory to send a reminder.
2) Users: Receive reminders from accessories when you or others arrive at or leave your home. If you select this option, you need to configure the home hub, and make sure you can control every accessory in your home that has activated “Share My Location” and “Settings”> “[your name]”> “iCloud”> “Share My Location” and select the device.
5. To complete the operation, tap “Back” in the upper left corner and tap “Finish”.
Want to receive notification from HomeKit accessories while you are away from home? Please set up a home hub to remotely access your HomeKit accessories..
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
|Packaged Weight||240 g|
|Dimensions||104.5 × 105.5 × 60 mm|
|What's in the box||
1x Aqara Hub M21x USB Type-A to MicroUSB Cable1x EU Wall Charger with USB Type-A Port1x Instruction Manual
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.