Aqara HUB M1S – Security & Smart Home Automation RGB & Alarm
Required for All Aqara Devices to Integrate, Apple HomeKit, Supports Google Home, MiHome, Alexa, ZigBee 3.0
Available: Out of stock
- Featured Image
- Tutorial Video
- User Manual
- Featured Images
- Reviews (0)
- Additional information
- Brands (1)
The Aqara Hub M1S is an updated version of the original Aqara Hub. It now can connect up to 128 child devices (compared to 32 from the original Aqara Hub), it now has a more powerful 2×2 MIMO WiFi antenna and now has ZigBee 3.0 (compared to ZigBee 2.0 from the original Aqara Hub).
An Aqara Hub is required to connect to all Aqara sensors and devices wirelessly to enable home automation, local alarm, remote control and monitoring capabilities for your home and more.
The Hub can also be used as a night light, alarm, or doorbell.
Smart Home Center | Security Voice | Control Enabled | App Control
– CONTROL CENTRE: It is a wireless control center. It connects all Aqara devices and allow for seamless integration across Aqara’s sensors and home automation devices.
– APPLE HOME KIT, AMAZON ALEXA, GOOGLE & XIAOMI MI HOME: Compatible with Apple Home Kit, Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Xiaomi Mi Home to work with other compatible devices for alarm system, home automation (Alexa routines), and voice command (eg. Siri).
– RANGE DISTANCE: Communications between Aqara Smart Plug, Hub and Aqara devices can reach up to 20 m (65 feet) under normal conditions.
– RANGE EXTENSION: The Aqara Smart Plug, Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1, Aqara Single Switch Module T1 and Aqara Camera Hub G2H can be used to extend the range of the sensors.
– AQARA APP: Download the Aqara App for easy device set-up and advanced automation and scene creation capabilities. App is available for both Android and iOS devices.
– NOTE: Aqara Hub requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
HOW TO USE:
– Step 1: Open the Aqara Home app and scan the QR code that is in the manual or packaging.
– Step 2: Open the Aqara Home app, press “ + ” reset button on the Hub for more than 10 seconds until the LED indicator consecutively flashes yellow.
– Step 3: The Hub M1S will prompt a voice message telling you the accessory has been added successfully.
– Step 4: Create your new automations via the Mi Home (MiJia) app, Aqara Home app, or Apple Home app.
ZIGBEE 3.0 CONTROL CENTER:
Thanks to the latest Zigbee 3.0 protocol, the M1S supports all existing and new Aqara devices.
ZigBee 3.0 technology further improves the stability, compatibility and responsiveness of the M1S hub and its child devices, which creates even better local automations for your smart home.
With ZigBee, Aqara accessories can still work smoothly even if your home network is unstable or disconnected (ie. during a powercut).
2X2 MIMO WI-FI ANTENNA:
To ensure the best possible wireless connection of dozens of sensors and controllers, the Aqara Hub M1S is equipped with a more powerful 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi antenna.
Apple HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication.
Data related to your home is encrypted and stored in the keychain of your Apple device.
It’s also encrypted in transit between your Apple device and the accessories you’re controlling in your home.
VOICE CONTROL ENABLED:
You can control Aqara accessories with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or HomePod.
Just say “Siri, I’m home”, and the lights can automatically turn on for you.
Along with the below Aqara sensors and devices, create various scenes.
1) Motion Sensor:
Lights are on when the room is occupied, lights are off while nobody is home.
When motion is detected in the evening, the Hub light automatically turns on.
2) Door and Window Sensor:
Security reminder, guarding your home.
With the Door and Window Sensor, you can turn on alarm mode when you leave the house or when you are asleep.
If a door or window is opened, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
3) Wireless Remote Switch:
One button, all accessories under control.
With the Wireless Remote Switch, set your own night mode and turn off all the lights with a click of the button.
4) Temperature and Humidity and Sensor Smart Plug:
Humidity and temperature adjustment, creating your comfort zone.
Link the Smart Plug with a humidifier to improve indoor humidity.
5) Water Leak Sensor:
Water leak alarm, protecting your property.
With the Water Leak Sensor, when a leak is detected, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
6) Wireless Mini Switch:
Smart doorbell, personalized ringtone.
With a press of the Wireless Mini Switch, the Hub plays your preferred ringtone.
SMART CONTROL IN APPLE HOME APP:
Works with other Apple HomeKit-enabled accessories in Apple Home app to make your life easier.
Supports Mi Home (MiJia), Aqara Home App and Apple Home App.
A COMPLETE SMART HOME SOLUTION:
We offer a comprehensive suite of smart home products that allow you to create endless combinations of use cases and customized scenes.
EASY SETUP AND MAINTENANCE:
Most Aqara devices require no wiring and screws
With the Aqara Home App and its easy-to-follow instructions, you can set up your smart home in no time.
Aqara devices are also made to consume very little energy, and other Aqara sensors can last over 2 years without changing batteries.
PEACE OF MIND:
Aqara can always provide you with the comfort of knowing what’s happening at home while you’re away.
With a wide range of sensors, Aqara can trigger the alarm sound, turn the lights on or send you an alert notification when unexpected entry, movement, temperature change, or water leak is detected.
REMOTE CONTROL AND AUTOMATION:
Aqara provides you with countless ways to control your smart home, whether it be through your phone, wireless switches, or voice commands via 3rd party voice assistants.
Your house will always be at your command no matter where you are.
Set different automations and scenes to control your electronic devices based on the time of day or your personal preference. You can customize different scenes with our suite of smart home products.
SMART HOME EVEN IF THE INTERNET IS DISCONNECTED:
When your home network is unstable, Wi-Fi is disconnected, as long as the Hub is powered, automations associated with the Aqara Hub and other sensors/devices will still work properly.
Through the Aqara Hub’s Zigbee connection, Aqara devices can still operate locally even when there is a weak WiFi signal.
COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VOICE ASSISTANTS:
Aqara Hub is designed as high-compatibility smart home control center.
Add Aqara devices into Apple HomeKit and Xiaomi Mi Home to work with other compatible devices for alarm systems, home automation, and voice commands
For example, you can set an “Away Mode” and activate the scene using your voice.
GOOGLE HOME SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
– Aqara Hub
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the hub’s light”
(or set any scene including the Smart hub’s light)
– Aqara Smart Plug
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the Plug”
– Aqara Wall Switch
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the Switch”
– Aqara LED Light Bulb
“Hey, Google. Turn on/off the LED light.”
” Hey, Google. Dim/Brighten the LED light.”
” Hey, Google. Set LED light to 50%.”
AMAZON ALEXA SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
“Alexa, turn on/off the hub’s light”
(or set any scene including the Smart hub’s light)
Aqara Motion Sensor
“Alexa, set people-passing scene,” (or set any scene including the Motion Sensor)
Alexa can also perform actions when motion is detected.
Aqara Door and Window Sensor
“Alexa, is window/door open/close?”
“Alexa, is my bedroom window open?”
Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor
“Alexa, what’s the temperature/humidity?”
Aqara LED Light Bulb
“Alexa, turn on/off the light.”
“Alexa, dim/brighten the light.”
“Alexa, set light to soft white.”
SIRI SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
Ask Siri any of the above examples and more.
RGB LIGHT AND ILLUMINATION SENSOR:
M1S is a Zigbee 3.0 hub that has a built in RGB light made of 18 powerful LEDs and a diffuser.
It can be used as an alarm, doorbell, or night light, and has a configurable brightness and colour.
Compared to the previous version of the Aqara Hub, the M1S has a fully-fledged illumination sensor that can be used in automations via the Aqara Home app.
LOUD & CLEAR:
The Aqara Hub M1S is equipped with a built-in 2-watt speaker that is powerful and versatile enough to be used in different occasions.
High-quality components and design are not only a subtle addition to any room interior but also make the M1S more reliable by achieving constant airflow through its large perforated base.
– Model: HM1S-G01
– Plug Type: EU Plug
– Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 41.5 mm (3.15 x 3.15 x 1.63 in.)
– Colour: White
– Main Material: ABS + PC
– Weight: 186.5g
– Operating Temperature: Minus 10 Degree C to 40 Degree C
– Operating Humidity: 0% – 95% RH, non-condensing
– Input: 100 – 240V AC, 50Hz / 60Hz
– Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Zigbee 3.0 IEEE 802.15.4
– Built-in RAM / Flash: 64/128MB
– App: Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10.3 or later), Xiaomi MiHome app
– Regulatory Certification: ICASA, NRCS (for South Africa) and CE and EAC
– HomeKit compatible accessories:
• Aqara Hub,
• Aqara Smart Plug,
• Aqara Wireless Mini Switch,
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker),
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch (Double Rocker),
• Aqara Door and Window Sensor,
• Aqara Motion Sensor,
• Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor,
• Aqara Vibration Sensor,
• Aqara Water Leak Sensor,
• Aqara LED Light Bulb (Tuneable White)
• Aqara TVOC Air Quality Monitor
• Aqara Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral)
• Aqara Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral)
• Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral) (Single & Double Rocker)
• Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (With Neutral) (Single & Double Rocker)
• Aqara Smart Roller Shade Controller
• Aqara Wireless Remote Switch H1 (Single & Double Rocker)
• And more.
– One Aqara Hub M1S can connect up to 128 Aqara devices.
– Aqara Hub M1S requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
– Aqara Hub M1S is not a Wi-Fi router. A dedicated Wi-Fi router is required to connect it to other supported Wi-Fi devices
– Also works with Xiaomi Hub and Xiaomi sensors, Xiaomi Hub also works with Aqara sensors.
– The Aqara Smart Plug is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple HomeKit (Siri)
– To control this Apple HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 10.3 or later is recommended.
– Controlling Apple HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later or a Home Pod set up as a home hub.
What’s in the Box:
1x Aqara Hub M1S
1x Instruction Manual
HomeKit allows users to use iOS devices to control all their home accessories labeled ” Works with Apple HomeKit “.
These accessories include, switches, lights, locks, thermostats, smart plugs, door and window sensors, temperature and humidity sensors and other accessories.
Apple has a ” Home ” app built into the iOS 10 or later version. Through ” Home ” app, users can manage all the HomeKit-enabled devices in one platform.
Users can create Room in ” Home ” app, create scenes, such as,” I am home ” , ” Away ” , set automation, share home ect.
Users can use “Home” app to easily and safely control all the HomeKit-enabled accessories. Users can also control the accessories using Siri after naming the accessories.
” Turn on the light ” or ” Turn off the light “.
“Set the brightness of the light to 50% “.
” Set the temperature to 20 degrees ” .
“I am leaving” .
A notable feature of HomeKit is security.
The data of HomeKit-enabled accessories adopts end-to-end encryption for the transmission, to ensure users HomeKit-enabled accessories are not exposed to the cloud or easily hacked by hackers.
Besides, Apple will not collect any data of users” HomeKit-enabled accessories, thus protecting user privacy. Since the data of HomeKit-enabled accessories adopts end-to-end encryption, a “home hub” is required to support the remote control, and you can use the “Home” app to set HomePod, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th generation) or iPad as the home hub to enable remote control of your HomeKit-enabled accessories, give trusted people access, and automate your home with the accessories.
With the Aqara Hub, your iOS devices can control wall switches and RGB night lights, monitor temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure, sense human movement, and detect water leaks.
Wireless Mini Switch, Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker), Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker), Wall Switch (No Neutral, Single Rocker), Wall Switch (No Neutral, Double Rocker), Wall Switch (With Neutral, Single Rocker), Wall Switch (With Neutral, Double Rocker), Door and Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, Temperature and Humidity Sensor, Vibration Sensor, Water Leak Sensor and newer devices.
More Aqara accessories will be connected to Apple HomeKit platform.
With the Apple Home app, you can set up a home hub, remotely control your HomeKit-enabled accessories, give trusted people access, and automate the accessories to do what you need as required.
For example, turns off the light at 10pm every day; automatically turns off the air conditioner when you leave home; automatically turns on the corridor light; automatically turns on light when motion is detected.
You will have to install a home hub first to set up the automation.
For example, you can create a “Good Night” scene, add “Bedroom Lights”, “Living Room Lights”, “Corridor Lights” to the scene, and set the switches to off state. When the setting is done, “Good Night” scene will turn off the “Bedroom Lights”, “Living Room Lights”, and “Corridor Lights”
2) Set scenes.
Set scenes in Apple Home or Aqara Home app and name them. Ask Siri to set the following scenes, “Hey Siri. Set the party scene” “I am home” “I am leaving” “Good night” “Good morning”.
3) Check accessory status.
Name the accessories in Apple Home or Aqara Home app, distribute them to a specific room and ask Siri, “Is the living room open?” “Living room temperature” “What is the living room humidity?” “What is the Water Leak Sensor status”? Siri voice control of HomeKit-enabled accessories is available on iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, HomePod
1) Low power consumption .
2) Short delay time.
3) Customizable network capable of including a large number of sub-devices.
4) Excellent reliability.
5) High security.
2) If you are not connected to the home hub, iOS devices can only connect to accessories within the LAN.
3) The Hub only supports 2.4GHz router Wi-Fi networks. If you are using a dual band router, please disable the 5GHz Wi-Fi network before adding the Hub.
4) If a router signal cannot provide coverage to all areas of the house, it is recommended that you install a Wi-Fi signal amplifier or set up a router bridge mode to access the main router when setting up the LAN network environment.
Please refer to the Wi-Fi signal amplifier and router bridge mode manual for operational details.
If the distance between the accessories and the Hub is too far apart, the accessories may appear to be offline. In this case, please add another Hub and connect the accessories to the newly installed Hub.
2) The Hub should not be too far away from the router whenever possible. In order to ensure stable Wi-Fi communication, a straight line distance of 2 to 6 meters is the most optimal.
3) To ensure that the Hub is signal can reach longer distances, it is recommended that the Hub to be installed no less than 1 meter from the ground.
Due to complex indoor environments, adjusting the relative position of the Hub and sensors can result in a better communication environment.
After an accessory is added successfully, you can press the reset button on the Wireless Mini Switch, when the Hub prompts [Normal Link Confirmed] you can be sure that the installed accessory can operate normally from this location.
The Wireless Mini Switch can be attached to the wall or placed on a desk or table. Since metal has a damping effect on the radio signal, we do not recommend mounting the Wireless Mini Switch on a metal door. (For details, please refer to the manual for installation and operations)
2) Installation position and precautions for Door and Window Sensor
a. As shown in the instructions, align the mounting mark on the accessory with the magnet, and mount one of them on the fixed surface of a door or window, and the other on the surface of the opening (it is recommended to install the accessory on the fixed surface).
b. The distance between the accessory and the magnet should be less than 22mm.
c. They can be swapped around, but must ensure that the accessory and the magnet alignment mark are aligned.
d. Due to complex indoor environments, adjusting the relative position of the Hub and Door and Window Sensor can result in better communication environments. Since metal has a dampening effect on wireless signals, the Door and Window Sensor should not be mounted on the metal of doors and windows.
e. After the device is added successfully, click the reset button before installation. At this time, the gateway prompts [Connection OK], indicating that it can work normally in this installation position.
3) Installation position and precautions for Motion Sensor
a. For indoor use only, please install in areas where people need to be detected, such as living rooms and bedrooms.
b. Since the Motion Sensor utilizes passive infrared detection, exposure to direct sunlight and direct illumination from incandescent lamp should be avoided.
Nor should it be exposed to heat sources ( such as radiators, heaters ) or air conditioning, in order to avoid large changes in ambient temperature that causes false alarms; The sensor must be securely installed to avoid false alarms due to movements caused by the wind; The surface of the sensor should not be touched by hand; The outer surface of the optical lens should be regularly wiped with a soft cloth or cotton to prevent the dust from affecting the sensitivity; Recommend installing over a high of 1m.
c. A large pet walking around may lead to false alarms. Please avoid installing in the areas where pets often walk around.
d. The detection range of the Motion Sensor is [a straight line distance of 7m in front and an 170° angle range left and right].
e. Do not place it on a metal surface (because the metal will affect the communication between the sensor and the Hub) or place a non-metal material between the metal and the sensor.
f. Please poke the reset hole before installation. If the Hub prompts [Connection OK] after the sensor is reset, this indicates that it can work normally at this installation position.
A device set as a home hub must be left at home, connected to a home Wi-Fi network, and powered on.
If the communication does not work properly, please move the accessory closer to the Hub or move the Hub closer to the accessory and try again.
Triple press: add accessories
Long press: long press for 10s to reset the Hub.
This will not delete data, such as, timer, energy consumption and device list.
Short press 10 times: reset to factory settings and delete all data.
Under the Accessories page, select the Hub to be upgraded, enter the Hub details page, and click Firmware to upgrade.
This operation will not delete the set times, battery, and the list of the accessories.
2) Press the Hub button 10 times in rapid succession.
After the yellow light flashes, it indicates that the factory settings have been restored.
This operation will delete all the data such as the timing, battery level, and sub-device list of the accessories.
Because automation requires home hub to operate, it means that the automation function will also fail.
Click “Bridge Accessory” to view the accessories connected to the current Hub.
Therefore, remote access to HomeKit accessories require the help of the home hub.
If you want to remotely control home accessories, you need to pre-configure a home hub at home.
They are: Door and Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, Vibration Sensor, and Water Leak Sensor.)
Set up notifications to alert you when an accessory detects an anomaly or at a specific time of the day.
For example, if you have a Door and Window Sensor installed in your home, you will be notified if the door opens when you are at home. This can be configured as follows:
1) Open the Apple “Home” app.
2) Tap and hold an accessory, then tap Details.
3) Tap Status & Notifications.
4) Turn on “Allow Notifications” and choose one of the following options:
a. Time: Set the time when you want the accessory to send a reminder.
b. Users: Receive reminders from accessories when you or others arrive at or leave your home. If you select this option, you need to configure the home hub, and make sure you can control every accessory in your home that has activated “Share My Location” and “Settings”> “[your name]”> “iCloud”> “Share My Location” and select the device.
5) To complete the operation, tap “Back” in the upper left corner and tap “Finish”.
Want to receive notification from HomeKit accessories while you are away from home?
Please set up a home hub to remotely access your HomeKit accessories.
2) Quick blink + Blue light: It appears when Wi-Fi is connecting, the network is disconnected or the Hub reconnects after the plug is re-plugged.
3) Slow blink + Purple light: Allow to add bridge accessories.
4) Slow blink + Red light: Firmware updating.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
|Packaged Weight||187 g|
|Dimensions||81.5 × 81.5 × 89 mm|
|What's in the box||
1x Aqara Hub M1S, 1x Instruction Manual
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.