Aqara Door Window Sensor – Security & Smart Home Automation NEEDS AQARA HUB
Smart Entry Detection, No Wiring Required, Zigbee Connection, 2 Year Replaceable Battery, HomeKit Google Alexa
Available: In stock (Cape Town)
- Featured Image
- Tutorial Video
- User Manual
- Reviews (0)
- Additional information
- Brands (1)
- Store Policies
The Aqara Door and Window Sensor monitor doors, windows and drawers for security and home automation purposes, it detects if a window or door is open in real-time.
Peel & Stick | Triggers Aqara Hub Alarm and Push Notification | 2 Years Battery Life
– UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY DETECTION: Whenever the door/window opens unexpectedly, the Aqara Door and Window Sensor will send an alert notification to your phone and activate the local alarm on the Aqara Hub.
– HOME AUTOMATION: The Aqara Door and Window Sensor can control other Aqara connected devices as the status of the door or window changes.
– 22MM WIDE GAP ALLOWED: The Aqara Door and Window Sensor works with most types of doors, windows, and other fixtures with similar mechanism, such as drawers, cabinets, and more.
– COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE HOME KIT, ALEXA & XIAOMI MI HOME: It can be integrated in Apple Home Kit, Alexa and Xiaomi MI Home to work with other compatible devices for alarm system, home automation (Alexa routines), and voice command (eg. Siri).
– LONG BATTERY LIFE: Includes 1 x CR1632 flat button battery – needs replacing once every 2-years, battery percentage can be monitored on the Aqara Home app.
– RANGE DISTANCE: Communications between Aqara Hub and Aqara devices can reach up to 20 m (65 feet) under normal conditions.
– RANGE EXTENSION: To extend the range use a Aqara Smart Plug or Aqara Smart Wall Switch.
– EASY INSTALLATION: No wiring or screws required.
– AQARA APP: Download the Aqara App for easy device set-up and advanced automation and scene creation capabilities. App is available for both Android and iOS devices.
HOW TO USE:
– Step 1: Plug the Hub to a power outlet.
– Step 2: Open the Aqara Home app, press “ + ” in the upper right corner to add the Aqara Hub.
– Step 3: After the Aqara Hub has been successfully added, add the Aqara Door and Window Sensor.
– Step 4: Peel & Stick
– Step 5: Create your new automations via the Mi Home (MiJia) app, Aqara Home app, or Apple Home app.
A SMART SENSOR FOR EVERY DOOR AND WINDOW:
For an added peace of mind, install the Aqara Door and Window Sensor so you will never have to worry about the status of your doors and windows.
With the Motion Sensor, you can turn on alarm mode when you leave the house.
If motion is detected, the Hub will sound an alarm and send a notification to your phone.
DOOR OPENS – LIGHTS GO ON:
Turn on the lights automatically when you open the door at night. When you open the door in the evening, the Aqara Door and Window Sensor will send a signal to the Aqara Wall Switch to turn on the lights. No matter how late you get home, the lights will automatically turn on. Create your own custom automations with other Aqara sensors.
Aqara Door and Window Sensor detects the current status of doors or windows via the distance of the magnets inside the sensors between the sensor and the magnet. The sensor is also energy efficient and one battery can last over 2 years under normal usage.
EASY SETUP AND MAINTENANCE:
Most Aqara devices require no wiring and screws. With the Aqara Home App and its easy-to-follow instructions, you can set up your smart home in no time.
Aqara devices are also made to consume very little energy, and most Aqara products can last over 2 years without changing batteries.
SMART CONTROL IN APPLE HOME APP:
Works with other HomeKit-enabled accessories in Apple Home app to make your life easier. Supports Mi Home (MiJia), Aqara Home App and Apple Home App.
A COMPLETE SMART HOME SOLUTION:
We offer a comprehensive suite of smart home products that allow you to create endless combinations of use cases and customized scenes.
Through the Aqara Hub’s Zigbee connection, Aqara devices can still operate locally even when there is a weak WiFi signal.
PEACE OF MIND:
Aqara can always provide you with the comfort of knowing what’s happening at home while you’re away.
With a wide range of sensors, Aqara can trigger the alarm sound or send you an alert notification when unexpected entry, movement, temperature change, or water leak is detected.
REMOTE CONTROL AND AUTOMATION:
Aqara provides you with countless ways to control your smart home, whether it be through your phone, wireless switches, or voice commands via 3rd party voice assistants.
Your house will always be at your command no matter where you are.
Set different automations and scenes to control your electronic devices based on the time of day or your personal preference.
You can customize different scenes with our suite of smart home products.
SMART HOME EVEN IF THE INTERNET IS DISCONNECTED:
When your home network is unstable, Wi-Fi is disconnected, as long as the Hub is powered, automations associated with the Aqara Door and Window Sensor and other sensors/devices will still work properly.
COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VOICE ASSISTANTS:
Aqara Hub is designed as high-compatibility smart home control center.
Aqara devices into Apple HomeKit and Xiaomi Mi Home to work with other compatible devices for alarm systems, home automation, and voice commands. For example, you can set an “Away Mode” and activate the scene using your voice.
AMAZON ALEXA SPEECH ACTIVATION EXAMPLES:
“Alexa, is window/door open/close?”
“Alexa, is my bedroom window open?”
– Wireless Protocol:
41 × 22 × 11 mm (1.61 × 0.87 × 0.43 inches)
– Maximum Detection Distance:
– Operating Temperature:
Minus 10 degrees Celsius to 45 degrees Celsius (14℉ ~ 113℉)
– Operating Humidity:
0 – 95% RH, non-condensing
Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10.3 or later), Xiaomi MiHome app
– HomeKit compatible accessories:
• Aqara Hub,
• Smart Plug,
• Wireless Mini Switch,
• Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker),
• Wireless Remote Switch (Double Rocker),
• Door and Window Sensor, Motion Sensor,
• Temperature and Humidity Sensor,
• Vibration Sensor,
• Water Leak Sensor,
• Curtain Controller,
• Wall Switch,
• LED Light Bulb (Tunable White)
– Aqara Hub is REQUIRED and SOLD SEPERATELY to enable this product to work.
– One Aqara Hub can connect up to 32 Aqara devices.
– Aqara Hub requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
– Also works with Xiaomi Hub and Xiaomi sensors, Xiaomi Hub also works with Aqara sensors.
– The Aqara Door and Window Sensor is compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Siri.
– To control this HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 10.3 or later is recommended.
– Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires
an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later or a Home Pod set up as a home hub.
1. How to install Aqara Door and Window Sensor? Can I change the position of the sensor unit and the magnet unit?
1) Line up the primary sensor and the magnet according to the mounting line as shown in the user manual. Attach the primary sensor to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened;
2) The distance between the primary sensor and the magnet should be less than 22mm;
3) The exact position can vary, but ensure that the primary sensor and the magnet are installed in alignment.
4) Because of the complex nature of an indoor environment, adjusting the position of the sensor hub with the Door and Window Sensor can improve the overall result.
5) Be sure to avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
2. Installation location and precautions.
Turn the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor on a fixed door frame. Attaching the small magnet to the door is the best way to protect the sensor. Although the primary Door and Window Sensor should be less than 22mm from the magnet, they should not be installed too close together to avoid contact and the damage that may occur if they are knocked on to the ground.
3. What is the effective range between the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor?
In a complex indoor environment, This distance will need to be reduced if there is a wall between them to ensure good connectivity.
4. Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor fail to connect? How to reconnect?
1) Operation error. Please add the device according to the adding method again.
2) The device is too far apart from the Hub. Please move the device closer to the Hub.
3) There are too many devices under the Hub.
5. How to identify if the Aqara Door and Window Sensor works properly?
1) Poke the reset hole of the Door and Window Sensor with the eject pin. If the Hub makes voice prompts, “”Normal link confirmed””, it indicates that the Hub and the Door and Window Sensor communicates properly. Go to ②; If there is no voice prompts, please move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the device adding methods to add the device or replace the battery.
2) Please move the sensor unit close to the magnet unit and move away from the magnet for 2 or 3 times. Enter the home of Door and Window Sensor in app, refresh the device records (log). If there is related log, it indicates the device works properly.
6. What functions does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor have?
1) Aqara Door and Window Sensor can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status.
2) Works with other smart devices. If it detects that door/window opens or closes, it triggers other devices to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
7. Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor not work sometimes?
1) The sensor unit and magnet unit might be too far away from each other. Please check the distance between them and the distance should be no more than 22mm.
2) The Hub might be too far away from the sensor. Make sure the gap between the sensor unit and the magnet unit is no more than 22mm. Press the reset hole with the eject pin at your desired location. If the Hub makes voice prompts, it indicates the Hub communicates effectively with the sensor. If not, please move the sensor closer to the Hub.
8. How can the Door and Window Sensor be reset? When should it be reset?
1) Push in and hold the reset hole on the device for 3 seconds. The indicator will flash 3 times before resetting to factory settings.
2) If a sensor needs to be paired with another sensor hub, it will need to be reset before the new pairing will succeed.
9. Why is the Aqara Door and Window Sensor offline often?
1)The accessory is too far away from the Hub, please try to install the accessory closer to the Hub.
2) Low battery or dead battery. Please replace the battery.
3) The accessory is installed on the metal surface and the signal is interfered. Please avoid metal surface.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
|Packaged Weight||60 g|
|Dimensions||90 × 70 × 50 mm|
|What's in The Box||
1x Aqara Door and Window Sensor Unit, 1x Magnet, 2x Adhesive Sticker, 1x Quick Start Guide
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.