The Aqara Camera Hub G2H is a connected device that integrates the dual functions of a camera and a smart hub.
It has functions such as video intercom, motion detection, sound detection, MicroSD card recording, live recording, supports Apple HomeKit Secure Video, has night vision and much more.
It can also be used as a Zigbee hub in collaboration with other Aqara sensors, controllers and child devices to create functions such a smart home security suite, data reporting, smart automation and more.
Users can set up various automation, scenes, and monitoring capabilities with these Aqara devices to make life safer and more convenient.
• Ful Apple HomeKit Secure Video Support:
The G2H indoor camera offers full support with Apple HomeKit Secure Video which has the highest standard of end-to-end encryption designed to protect user privacy at home and offers the best integration with iOS and MacOS devices.
• Multiple Storage & Streaming Options:
Storage options including iCloud Storage and a MicroSD card (not included & up to 32Gb).
Recorded video clips can be easily accessed via the Aqara Home app, Apple Home app and MicroSD Card.
Two simultaneous live streaming options are available – the Aqara Home app and the Apple Home app.
• Apple HomeKit-Enabled 2-Way Audio & One-Click Video Messages:
Users can use the G2H to send high-quality video messages and make instant voice calls.
The camera is equipped with a high-end omnidirectional noise-canceling microphone that has a pickup distance of up to 5 meters and has a speaker sound volume of up to 85 decibels for clearer communication so that users can clearly communicate at a distance.
Press the camera button on to top for 5 seconds to enter the video message recording function mode, which can record a video of 15 seconds. This makes it extremely easy for kids to send a quick message to parents.
• Activity Zones:
Mark zones you want to be tracked to only receive notifications that are needed.
• 140 Degree Ultra Wide-Angle Lens & 1080p High Definition:
A high definition 1080p and 140 degree ultra wide-angle lens allows users to see more and capture every detail.
• Sound Detection:
When the security camera detects abnormal sound, it can automatically record a video and send out a push notification on your phone/tablet.
• Customize Sleep Time:
Through the automation settings within the Aqara Home app, users can control the camera and turn it on or off at a specific time.
For example, it can automatically enter sleep mode at a pre-set time to further protect user privacy.
• Multiple Installation Methods And Easy Magnetic Detachment:
The base has a strong built-in magnet, allowing it to be attached to the surface of metal objects.
The package includes an iron wall mount, which supports multiple installation methods such as:
– Horizontal Flat surface ( such as desks, tables, bookcases etc…)
– Installed on the wall (ether drilled, adhesively stuck or magnetically attached on a fridge or iron door)
– Flipped & installed on the ceiling (ether drilled or adhesively stuck)
• A Camera With An Embedded Smart Home Hub:
Connect up to 64 Aqara devices to the G2H for a more complete home automation and remote monitoring experience, allowing users to create endless combinations of use cases, automations and customized scenes.
Most Aqara devices require no wiring and screws. With the Aqara Home App and its easy-to-follow instructions, you can set up your smart home in no time.
• ZigBee 3.0:
The benefit of ZigBee is that when a user’s home Wi-Fi network is unstable or weak, Wi-Fi is disconnected, as long as the G2H Hub Camera is powered, automations associated with other sensors/devices will still work properly.
• Night Vision:
We have designed the G2H camera with infrared night vision capability allowing it to have crystal clear imagery even in the darkest of night conditions but unlike many other night vision cameras, the G2H camera it without red infrared lights that can distract you at night.
• Instant Motion Detection:
When any suspicious movement is detected, the G2H will activate its camera and send a push notification to the Aqara Home app.
• Correlation Event Timeline & Notifications:
The G2H can send notifications to your phone when certain events are triggered by paired Aqara sensors, and these events will also be saved in the video timeline for you to review.
• Al Facial Recognition:
From user’s iCloud library, the G2H can turn on its Al facial recognition so that users can receive notifications when your family members arrive home.
• Peace Of Mind:
Aqara can always provide you with the comfort of knowing what’s happening at home while you’re away.
With a wide range of sensors, Aqara can trigger the alarm sound or send you an alert notification when unexpected entry, movement, temperature change, or water leak is detected.
• Automation & Scenes:
Aqara provides you with countless ways to control your smart home, whether it be through your phone, wireless switches, or voice commands via 3rd party voice assistants.
Your house will always be at your command no matter where you are.
Set different automations and scenes to control your electronic devices based on the time of day or your personal preference.
You can customize different scenes with our suite of smart home products.
• Viewing Angle:
• Video Resolution:
• Wireless Protocol:
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, Zigbee
82.4 × 56.5 × 50.5mm
• Input Power:
• Input Port:
• Total Power Consumption:
• Operating Temperature:
Below 10 degrees Celsius to 45 degrees Celsius
• Local Storage:
Micro SD card (CLASS 4 or above is supported, up to 32GB storage)
• Included Wall Charger Plug Type:
EU Charger Plug
Apple Home app (iOS 10.3 or later), Aqara Home app (Android 5.0 or later)
• Apple HomeKit Compatible Accessories:
– Aqara Hub,
– Smart Plug,
– Wireless Mini Switch,
– Wireless Remote Switch (Single Rocker),
– Wireless Remote Switch (Double Rocker),
– Door and Window Sensor, Motion Sensor,
– Temperature and Humidity Sensor,
– Vibration Sensor,
– Water Leak Sensor,
– Curtain Controller,
– Wall Switch,
– LED Light Bulb (Tuneable White)
– Single Switch Module T1 (With and Without Neutral)
– And newer Aqara sensors and child-devices
• Unlike Aqara sensors, an individual Aqara Hub is NOT required to enable this product to work (as itself has the ability to function as a Hub).
• One Aqara G2H camera can connect up to 64 Aqara devices.
• Aqara G2H requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz WiFi network connection.
• To control this HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 10.3 or later is recommended.
• Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later or a Home Pod set up as a home hub.
• A 200GB or more iCloud subscription is required if users wish to record and store footage on iCloud.
• HomeKit Secure Video supports up to 10 days of iCloud storage
• MicroSD card not included
• The maximum supported size of a MicroSD card is 32gb, anything larger MicroSD card will not record footage.
• Works with Android and iOS.
• Please read the instruction manual before use.
What’s in the box
1x Aqara Camera Hub G2H
1x User Manual
1x Power Wall Charger Adapter (EU)
1x USB Power Cord
1x Reset Pin
1x 3M Double-Sided Adhesive
1x Metal Plate for Magnetic Installation
1. How does the Aqara Camera Hub G2H connect to the network?
You can scan the QR code to connect the Aqara Camera Hub G2H to the network.
After the device is powered on, please open the Aqara Home app and connect the device to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi according to the voice prompt.
The QR code is then generated, and you can scan the QR code through the G2H lens for the network connection.
2. What kind of Wi-Fi can the Aqara Camera Hub G2H connect to?
The Aqara Camera Hub G2H supports the Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz IEEE802.11b/g/n protocol, and does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi.
3. Why can’t the Aqara Camera Hub G2H connect to Wi-Fi?
3.1 The distance between the device and the wireless router is too far away or there are many obstacles in the middle.
When the Wi-Fi signal is weak, the network connection may be unsuccessful.
Please use a Wi-Fi signal amplifier to relay the signal or move the router close to a place where the device can receive the Wi-Fi signal well.
3.2 When the wrong Wi-Fi information is entered, the network connection cannot be completed.
Please enter the correct information and try again.
4. What does the hub function of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H do?
The hub of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H can be connected with Aqara’s other smart sensors and controllers, such as door and window sensor, motion sensor, smart plug, wireless switch and other devices.
Through the hub function, you can control these smart devices with the Aqara Home app. The hub is the data interaction and control center of your entire smart home network.
5. How does the hub of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H connect to sub-devices?How many sub-devices does the hub support?
The hub of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H can be connected through the ZigBee 3.0 protocol, and can directly support up to 32 Aqara devices.
6. What format of MicroSD card does the Aqara Camera Hub G2H support? What is the maximum capacity of MicroSD card?
The Aqara Camera Hub G2H supports MicroSD card in FAT32 format, with a reading and writing speed of Class 4 or above.
It is recommended, however, to choose a MicroSD card with reading and writing speed of Class 10 or above which supports the maximum capacity of 32GB.
7. How long can MicroSD card of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H record video?
The Aqara Camera Hub G2H can record high-definition video by default.
8GB memory card can record video for 18 hours.
16GB memory card can record video for 36 hours; 32GB memory card can record video for about 3 days.
8. Why is the capacity of the inserted MicroSD card on the nameplate different from that displayed in the app?
8.1 Some knockoffs of small-capacity memory cards pretend to be sold as large-capacity cards.
8.2 After some devices have been tested, the MicroSD cards could be maliciously partitioned, and the devices can only read the partition partially.
8.3 Because the manufacturer’s capacity formula is different (the actual measurement unit of normal capacity is 1024KB=1MB, and the manufacturer measurement unit is 1000KB=1MB.), the actual capacity will be slightly smaller than that on the nameplate.
9. Can the Aqara Camera Hub G2H use MicroSD card to record video when there is no network connection?
Yes, you can’t view the video in the MicroSD card remotely through the app without a network connection.
10. What is the correlation event of Aqara Camera Hub G2H?
The correlation event means that Aqara Camera Hub G2H can be correlated with devices in the same home, such as when door and window sensor is triggered, after detecting human motion, the hub can help locate the time position of the event in the recording area.
The maximum number of correlation events is 100.
Set a correlation event: click the app > “Correlation events” in the lower right corner > select the trigger device for the correlation event > select the color > save.
11. How many clients does a single Aqara Camera Hub G2H support to watch video at the same time?
There is no limit to the number of clients, but it is recommended that no more than 4 clients watch at the same time, since the more clients the hub is connected with, the more resources the processor consumes and too many client connections will cause the real-time image to freeze or delay.
12. Why can’t remote control be realized after the hub and its sub-devices connect to HomeKit?
After adding the device to the Apple Home app, you need to install a HomePod, Apple TV (tvOS 11.0 or later) or an iPad (iOS 12.0 or later) that has been set as the home center to realize remote control.
For specific operations, please refer to the Apple Home app instructions.
13. How to install the bracket of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H?
The bracket base of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H contains two powerful magnets, which support magnetic attraction on refrigerators, iron doors and other objects, and can also be attached to non-magnetic attraction objects by using the 3M tape and iron pieces in the accessories.
Please use them to install the bracket.
14. What if the video image of the Aqara Camera Hub G2H is inverted?
Enter the Aqara Home app, click on the “…” in the upper right corner > More settings > Camera settings > Video settings > Image inversion, and correct the video image by adjusting it up and down or left and right.
There are no reviews yet.